Pas à Pas is a m4l midi sequencer where each midi note information has its own sequencer.
The idea came from Maxime Dangles and the great m4l tutorial he made during covid lockdown. I then kept adding more and more features until it became a sequencer that i’m now glad to use.
There is 6 main sequencers :
- +/- Sequencer
- Chord Sequencer
+2 other mod sequencers (click on the white arrow on the right)
- Preset save / recal with Morph (interpolation) fonction !
- Retrig All, Random All, Clear All steps
- Retrigger the sequencers every X bars/beats/16h
- Display the names of the sequencers, in case you forgot it
Commun parameters to all sequencers
- Direction : forward, backward, pendullum and random
- Step number : from 1 to 64
- Randomize steps
- Clear steps
- “T” mode : the internal clock stops and now only moves forward when the Trigger sequencer send a trig
Specific parameters per sequencer
- Random step : if you change the percentage, it fills the gaps randomly according to this percentage
- 0 or 1 : all steps off / all steps on
- Midi mode : if on, the scale is correlated to the midi input (lik, making Pas à Pas act quite like an arpeggiator. For instance, if you play a C major, the sequencer can only output C, E and G.
- Transpose : transpose the result by semitones
- Min-Max : min and maximum velocity, from 1 to 127
- Duration multiplier : multiply the duration from 0.1 to 10
- Quantize duration : quantize duration to the nearest note value
- +/- multiplier : the +/- sequencer apply an addition or a subtraction to the note value, from -4 to +4. This parameter multiplies this number from 0 to 12.
- Chord multiplier : unlike the +/- sequencer, the chord sequencer triggers a second note, spaced from -12 to 12 semitones to the original note. This can be multiplied from 0 to 12.
- A Scale device right after Pas à Pas is a very good idea !
- With 64 steps and fast speed, the mod sequencer can work like an LFO. And you can morph through the shapes you made with the preset morph 😀
There is quite a lot of time and adjustments behind this device, so if you enjoy it I would be very happy if you buy me a coffee. Or a sandwich. Or a synth !